- This event has passed.
Low Carbon Innovation in Energy Systems: Themes, Trends and How to Get Funded!
July 12 , 9:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
Do you have an idea for implementing sustainable energy systems?
Would you like advice on how to fund innovation within low carbon energy?
Do you want support to develop or improve methods of delivery or distribution for the renewable energy sector?
- Register your interest in this half day event to receive free support from the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub (STBAH) funded by the European Regional Development Fund, and get advice and input from a panel of experts who have secured funding for innovative businesses and can help you develop your ideas towards market readiness.The day will include expert speakers, case studies of successful projects and advice on funding and grants. After the main workshop there is the option to book into tailored 1-2-1 sessions and receive further information about the support available through the STBAH programme.
- Breakfast will be available during registration and a lunch buffet will be provided.
|9.00am||Registration and breakfast buffet|
|9.30am||Introduction to the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub|
|9.45am||“From Economy of Scale to Economy of Flexibility – Opportunities in Low Carbon Transition”
Prof. Furong Li, Centre for Sustainable Power Distribution, Dept Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Bath
|10:10am||“Technical challenges of teh DSO transition”
Oliver Spink, Network Strategy Team, Western Power Distribution
|10.35am||“Life in a post subsidy energy market, and the impact of grid operators actions on trying to create a low carbon power environment”
Peter Dennis, Smart Grid Aggregation Analyst, Ecotricity Generation Company
|11am||Tea & coffee break|
|11.20am||“Sustainability and Funding Opportunities”
Sarah Eager, Innovation Lead, Smart Infrastructure, Innovate UK
|11.45am||“How to Fund It!”
Panel Discussion including:
|12.25pm||Closing statements and next steps|
|12.30pm||Networking opportunities and buffet lunch|
This event is part of a free-to-access support package available to businesses working in sustainable technologies and the low carbon sector through the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub and can provide tailored support to your business to grow efficient and innovative practices.
Once you have attended this event you may be able to access additional bespoke support to help your business progress new ideas, projects, services or products in the low carbon economy – visit www.stbah.org to find out more.
This event is the second in a series for the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub investigating the support and options for innovation within the low carbon sector, economy and sustainable technologies.
The Expression of Interest is to ensure that your business will benefit from this session and project staff will contact you to discuss your requirements before the event.
Further events supporting other key sectors are planned, so if you are interested in receiving additional STBAH support either visit www.stbah.org or email the project team on STBAH-PMO@bath.ac.uk;
- Low Carbon Innovation in Plastics and Chemicals – October 2018, Bath
- Low Carbon Innovation in Resources and the Circular Economy – November 2018, Bristol
- Low Carbon Innovation in Transport & logistics – January 2019, Bath
- Low Carbon Innovation in Aerospace and Advanced Engineering – February 2019, Bristol
- Low Carbon Innovation in Manufacture & Robotics – March 2019, Bath
- Low Carbon Innovation in the New Materials Engineering – April 2019, Bristol
- Terms and Conditions
Your data will be held by the University of Bath and will be shared with the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub delivery partners and the West of England Growth Hub. Your data is held for the purposes of delivering the project and to identify which services we may offer you. Your data will also be used to report performance results of the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub to the Department for Communities and Local Government. You may request a copy of the data we hold on you by writing to the University of Bath.
The University of Bath and the Sustainable Technologies Business Acceleration Hub delivery partners provide no warranty in relation to the outcome of the programme for any participant, and accept no liability for any use made by a participant of information and advice provided under the programme.
Your application, potential business and product ideas will be judged at application and at various points throughout the programme. Continuation on the programme is at the discretion of the delivery partners and is dependent on the quality of the business idea and progress made during the support offered by the programme. The University of Bath’s decision on whether to offer support, or continue support, is final.